Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team as a key contributor to building the Scenery.video product. As a key contributor, you will shape the product and the engineering culture of our team.
Scenery is redefining how video is created in today's distributed, connected world. We are building a professional collaborative video editing platform with the power of desktop applications combined with the inherent advantages collaboration and distribution of the web.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team as a key contributor to building the Scenery.video product. As a key contributor, you will shape the product and the engineering culture of our team. We aim to have a meeting light culture focused on accountability, fast iteration, solving customers problems while experiencing personal and professional growth.
We strive to create a working environment where we:
- Ship products so we can learn from our customers quickly and iterate to better serve them.
- Work as a team to help each other exceed our individual expectations.
- Value product and code quality so that our customers can depend on us.
- Constantly learn and grow collectively and individually inside and outside of work.
This full time role can be joined from our SF location where the current management team is located, or anywhere in the US.
- Implement complex, high performance features based on a customer centric development process
- Own the design, planning, implementation, quality and metrics for key features
- Define and communicate architectural designs, and implement them
- Contribute to the team effort collaborating in customer research, product and engineering
- Work closely with design, product and product marketing and interact with customers using the product to understand customer needs and how we might better serve them
- Actively make the team dynamic and our work processes amazing. Provide feedback, contribute to product decisions and help your teammates learn.
- Work with the team to help decide project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- As the team grows, help source and hire amazing team mates
We are looking for people to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- A proven track record of high quality code and ability to solve difficult problems
- Significant experience building media-centric web applications (Video/Audio/Multimedia)
- Minimum Bachelors degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field with strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Scenery is Series A-backed by Greylock, Craft Ventures, and Figma. The founding team has started 2 previous companies that created cloud based video editors together: SnappyTV which sold to Twitter in 2014 and Jumpcut, which Yahoo! acquired in 2006. We have experience leading large product and engineering teams as well as startup and growth stage ventures. Scenery previously raised a series seed round led by Freestyle.vc with Precursor Ventures, Wireframe Ventures, Transmedia Capital, Rembrandt VC and UpHonest capital participating along with amazing individual investors. We are ~20 employees but growing, focused on building and iterating our product to meet customer needs
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Apply here.
- Include the role's title "Senior Software Engineer" in your response.
- Send along your Linkedin, site or resume as well as links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Feel free to share links to other things that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done
- Bonus: start a project in Scenery and tell us about your experience on the interview