We are looking for a visual designer to join our growing team to help us make Scenery's product and brand look and feel great. As a key contributor, we want you to inspire our customers and our team with professional, elegant designs that invoke feelings of professional, high quality and elegant but also doesn’t take itself too seriously.
Scenery is redefining how video is created in today's distributed, connected world. We are building a professional collaborative video editing platform with the power of desktop applications combined with the inherent advantages collaboration and distribution of the web.
We are looking for a visual designer to join our growing team to help us make the Scenery.video product and brand look and feel great. As a key contributor, we want you to inspire our customers and our team with professional, elegant designs that invoke feelings of professional, high quality and elegant but also doesn’t take itself too seriously.
We aim to have a meeting light culture focused on accountability, fast iteration, solving customers problems, while experiencing personal and professional growth.
We strive to create a working environment where we:
- Ship products so we can learn from our customers quickly and iterate to better serve them.
- Work as a team to help each other exceed our individual expectations.
- Value product and code quality so that our customers can depend on us.
- Constantly learn and grow collectively and individually inside and outside of work.
This full time role can be joined from our SF location where the current management team is located, or anywhere in the US.
- We are looking for a strong visual designer with a deep familiarity with video editing software to up level the visual design and brand of the product, website and related content
- Design an elegant, simple yet powerful video editing product purpose build for teams using web multi-player technologies
- Help create and implement UX and visual designs. You’ll have to wear a few hats at the start.
- Contribute to the company’s brand and marketing by helping the team improve the logged out website, landing pages and marketing funnels
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and how we might better serve them
- Contribute to the team effort collaborating in customer research, product and engineering
- Actively make the team dynamic and our work processes amazing. Provide feedback, contribute to product decisions and help your teammates learn.
- Work with the team to help decide project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- As the team grows, help source and hire amazing team mates
Some projects you could work on:
- Creating a simple yet powerful set of features in a collaborative timeline editor that lets creators easily create and iterate branded content, get feedback and publish
- Conceptualize, design and help implement a new workflow for content marketers and creators to add content then prompt the system for output
We are looking for people to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- 3+ years of experience designing complex web or desktop creative products (eg video creation, design, motion graphics or other creative products)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience iterating concepts, prototyping, iterating designs and putting them into production with team mates.
- A proven track record of biasing to action and getting things done
- A strong sense of ownership in what you’re working on
Scenery is Series A-backed by Greylock, Craft Ventures, and Figma. The founding team has started 2 previous companies that created cloud based video editors together: SnappyTV which sold to Twitter in 2014 and Jumpcut, which Yahoo! acquired in 2006. We have experience leading large product and engineering teams as well as startup and growth stage ventures. Scenery previously raised a series seed round led by Freestyle.vc with Precursor Ventures, Wireframe Ventures, Transmedia Capital, Rembrandt VC and UpHonest capital participating along with amazing individual investors. We are ~20 employees but growing, focused on building and iterating our product to meet customer needs
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Apply here.
- Include the role's title "Designer" in your response.
- Send along your Dribbble, Linkedin, site or resume as well as links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Feel free to share links to other things that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done
- Bonus: start a project in Scenery and tell us about your experience on the interview